Juan F. Yepes, DDS, MD, MPH, MS, DrPH
Dr. J is originally from Colombia, South America, where he received degrees in both dentistry and medicine from Javeriana University in Bogota. After practicing Family Medicine in Bogota, he moved to the US in 1998 and proudly became a US citizen in 2008. Dr. Juan continued his education in the States, attending the University of Iowa and the University of Pennsylvania, where he completed his fellowship and residency in Radiology and Oral Medicine in 2002 and 2004, respectively. In 2006, he earned a Master in Public Health and in 2011 a doctoral degree in Public Health, both concentrating in Epidemiology, at the College of Public Health, University of Kentucky. His residency program in Dental Public Health was completed at University of Texas, Baylor College of Dentistry. In 2012, he received a Master of Science and Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry from the University of Kentucky. Dr. Juan is board-certified by the American Boards of Oral Medicine, Dental Public Health, and Pediatric Dentistry. He is also a Fellow in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland.
After serving as faculty at University of Kentucky for ten years, Dr. J moved to Indianapolis, where he currently works full-time as Associate Professor in Pediatric Dentistry at Indiana University School of Dentistry and Riley Hospital for Children. With his vast wealth of knowledge, Dr. J has authored multiple publications in the dental field and continues to share his expertise at lectures across the country. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife, and his two daughters!
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Indiana Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- American Academy of Oral Medicine
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- Associate Professor of Pediatric Dentistry
- Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Riley Hospital for Children